Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

There I have a vizio 70 inch smart TV 2 years old of course

Customer Question

Hi there I have a vizio 70 inch smart TV 2 years old of course warranty is up power will only stay on for 5 seconds then will turn off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I disconnected it and held down the power button 45 seconds then turned it back on but it does the same thing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: It has a black streak half way across the screen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the complete model number of the tv?
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was unable to sign on my email so i didnt see my answer about the 70 inch Tv vizio
The power light shuts off in 5 seconds TV has power but the screen is dark blue but no sound no picture please send answer to***@******.***
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was told by cutomer service to continue with question
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the information. I cannot email you, we have to correspond here. I'd be happy to help you, but again I would need the model number of the tv, please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
im sorry i thought the answer may have been sent to my email E701i-A3f 70 in vizio
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the info,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I m ill check i have direct tv so there are many cables
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2013 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising, especially for this brand. These vizio tvs, especially the "e" series, have extremely high failure rates on this board, and we typically see them last just a few years. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components. If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. For a tv of this brand however, replacement will often make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty, from a more reputable brand, in the $1000 range.Even fixing this issue now, the tv still would not be expected to last a significantly longer before another component fails. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you help me with a repair shop
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Sure, what is your zip code?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
46203
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Here are the closest repair options to you: http://bit.ly/22gDy4C If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Should i disconnect all of the direct tv cables before trying to reset
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
You can, but it is not necessary to do so.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?