Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I BOUGHT A VIZIO TV A YEAR AGO AND HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH

Customer Question

I BOUGHT A VIZIO TV A YEAR AGO AND HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE COLOR GREEEN BLEEDING INTO THE PICTURE. AFTER MANY CABLE REPAIR CALLS, THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS THAT IT IS NOT THE CABLE COMPANYS PROBLEM. I THEN CALLED A NUMBER FOR VIZIO REPRESENTATIVE IN JANUARY NAMED AGENT WESLEY @***-***-****. HE CAME HERE FOR AN INSPECTION AND STATED THAT IT WAS NOT THE TV. MEANWHILE THE GREEN COLOR DISTORTION IS STILL HAPPENING. I CALLED AGENT WESLEY MANY TIMES AND HE REFUSES TO COME HERE AND OFFER HELP. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THIS TV FIXED?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, In many cases too much green is actually a cabling/connection problem to the TV. Please let me know if you are using the following: Red, Green, Blue, Red and White RCA cables. These would be connected between the Cable Box and the TV. Let me know, thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
If using those cables (which are called "Component Cables") the Green overtones of color are caused by the RED CABLE failing. What you will need to do is DISCONNECT those cables one at a time, and then re-seat them tightly on both ends- making sure they are secure and plugged into the proper colored ports. If the issue goes beyond that, then a new set of cables would be needed and you would need to purchase them. They can be found for around $15 at: Radio Shack, Best Buy, or Wal-Mart. Additionally, you can also purchase them at the link below: http://www.trianglecables.com/product/Python-Component-Video-Audio-Cable-3-FT.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant&utm_campaign=25-215-003&gclid=Cj0KEQjw09C5BRDy972s6q2y4egBEiQA5_guv_uMvqEP7Z6IQF0jtz7wQk5sCYr3ocJO99WKY0rDm6caAtLp8P8HAQ
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
If however you are not using those cables, then let me know what type of cabling/connections are used between the cable box and the TV and we can continue. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.