Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

Why won't my Toshiba TV 55sl417u turn on?

Customer Question

I got a Toshiba TV 55sl417u wont turn on green light blinking 3 times and clicking noise from the relay.and I got the 5 ,12 and 24 volts ,but it does not turn on ,any help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Can you tell me if you get any sound? Does the screen ever light up at all?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Screen never light up, no sound, just the clicking sound from the relay.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Okay, if you've checked the power supply outputs and all the expected and marked voltages are present, then you have a bad main board.

This is an LED, not a plasma. Replace the main:,pe0953a

as your first step.

Note that the cost of the part is significant though, and for a 2011 model, it is at/past its service life at this point anyway.

Fixing this issue will not extend the life of the tv significantly, as other parts will continue to fail, so consider this a temporary repair. You may get another year or two out of it.
With that in mind, it may make more sense to invest in a replacement tv at this point, as you can get a new set with a fresh warranty in the $600 range these days. I can recommend some, if you prefer.