Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Red blink 5 times then pauses

Customer Question

Red blink 5 times then pauses
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack Perhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Jack,
My samsung tv blinks 5 times red light than pauses?
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
Hi Sylvia Is this a Sony or Samsung tv ?
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
Could you please give me the model number if possible ?
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
Sorry but it has been more than 20 minutes since your last reply and it is 11:20 PM here so I will be signing off but here is something for you to try before anything else ;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.let me know how that goes.