Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Samsung plasma wont turn on. Model pn43f4500af. The red

Customer Question

My Samsung plasma wont turn on. Model pn43f4500af. The red standby light blinks 5 times, pauses, and repeats.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you're having problems. How long have you owned the set for and when did the issue occur? Were there any storms, power outages, etc.? Also, do you get any response from the power button at all (clicking sounds, or screen lights up- even for a second)?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No storms or outages.I read that it would likely be a problem with the power supply board, and ordered a replacement.
The replacement acts the same way.No clicking, or sign of anything on the screen, just the standby light blinking. The green led on the main board also blinks.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. I need to know if that light starts blinking as soon as the set is plugged in- or only after you press the power button please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's solid red until I push power, wither on the tv, or the remote. Then the blinking starts, and the pattern repeats.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Okay, there's multiple components in the TV that can cause this, and beyond testing extensively in the set- it isn't a quick fix. I will have to opt out and open the question up to other experts.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the attempt.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I suspect the replacement power board is also faulty. I'll return it and try again.