Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

MY PHILIPS TV PFL7704D/F7 after 3 mn pictures vanished JA:

Customer Question

MY PHILIPS TV PFL7704D/F7 after 3 mn pictures vanished
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my tv philips 42PFL7704D/F7 picture vanished after 3mn
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
very simple, TV star afther 3mn picture vanished sound continues no problem
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Thanks ,a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;What is connected to this tv ?Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
cable box
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
complete dark
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Does it come back on its own or you have to turn the tv off for a while for example ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
turn the tv on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hellowwwwwww
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;I have to type this down beside the fact that i have to lookup info on this
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Now to get back to your tv ; you said that the sound remains , is it the TV's own speakers ?What is it about turning the tv on ??Does it shutdown or just the screen go dark ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the screen go dark, sound remains on speaker
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Now then again How do you get the screen to come back on ?Does it come back on its own or you have to turn the tv off for a while for example ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
have to turn the tv off for a while
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Thank youI will give you a preliminary view of the possible problems but please note that without being there with tools and meters I can only give you what 40 years of electronic repairs experience says to me , that being said; Your TV has a defective power board Part # ***** 272217100695 (PLHL-T828A, 2300KPG101A-F)How do you want to proceed from here ?Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourselfThis is Plug&Play , no solder or adjustments so if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can take off the back cover then you can do this yourselfIf that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comThis will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around. Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm going to do it please explain to me what should i do??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry how should i do it??
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Removing the back cover would be the first thing . Can you do that ?I don`t really mean right now because you will need to order that board (that I will find in a few) so this won`t get done right away
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no problem to removed the cover yes tell me or showed to me where is the part to be removed
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Here is that board at the link below and finding it will be qite easy , it is attached to the power cord directly , only one of them in this tv ; http://hdtvparts.net/products/2433-272217100695-plhl-t828a-2300kpg101a-f-3pagc10004a-r-philips-42pfl6704df7-42pfl6704d-42pfl77.aspx
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Here is another one ; http://www.wisiny.com/plhl-t828a2300kpg101a-f-philips-272217100695-power-supply
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
As i said , just by the picture you will be able to ID it easilyAny questions on this at this time ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK thanks , nothing more
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , that rating gets me paid for my time.Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.Thanks again