Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Our picture went out right after we got our TV . It still will

Customer Question

Our picture went out right after we got our TV . It still will change channels , sound and we were old. Should we do that there was a fuss to try replace it Should we try that?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack Perhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see this
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thanks , a few questions coming and please bear with me , slow typist at work here :)
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
You said that your tv stopped working right after you got it ?Do you mean from the store , repair shop etc. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had it about 6 Months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From Store
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry ,had to step out for a bit .
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
So you mean that it is still under warranty , usually 1 yearCan you explain exactly what it is doing now ?I mean that you said you could change channel but is that with the tv or a cable converter for example ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With remote
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Also , do you mean that it went out 6 months ago or just now ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes but what I need to know is if you are using the cable company`s remote or the TV's own remote ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It went out about 6 months ago and we can change channels and it has sound and does everything but picture was told it needs a new fuss could that be it
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but this "fuss" thing got me scratching my head here Who told you about that " new fuss" ??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way you could give me the TV's model number ?It will be on the back cover if you don`t have the owner`s manual handy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked it up if not true what can be problem
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like when tv is off
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I will give you a preliminary view of the possible problems but please note that without being there with tools and meters I can only give you what 40 years of electronic repairs experience says to me , that being said; Depending on the model then we are possibly talking about backlighting problem but in any case if the tv is only 6 months old then it should still be under warranty .Can you tell me the brand name at the front and I will check this out ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at home it is a Vizo
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then vizio TV's are indeed under warranty for a year no matter which model you have so this will not cost you anything whatever the internal problem may be but you will need to contact vizio first at this number ;(###) ###-####ere is also a webpage that will give you all the details but just called them and they will explain the procedure , here is that link ; http://www.vizio.com/en-ca/warrantyLet me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have any questions later on .