Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

TV is 42LV5400 with inputs from Time Warner cable & amazon

Customer Question

TV is 42LV5400 with inputs from Time Warner cable & amazon firestick. now displays no signal from either input. for a week has had similar display when first turned on & has input when I change channels
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcomePlease re-boot any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging the box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time.We find software glitches within the box can cause thisLet me know how this works out, if it works out good would you please rate the answer positively by using the rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this postAny issues let me know pleaseThanks againAnthony
How is this working out please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No change. believe tv dead
thanks anyway
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.
No the TV is not dead its lost the signal??Please try another input like a DVD player and let me know what its like using that, if its OK with that you have a bad box and will need to get it replaced
We have problems with boxes all the time and its far more likely to be the box NOT the TV Please remember the rating positive than k you.....
I work the site on a time basis I put in the time and then hopefully the questioner rates the answer positively as this is the only way the site will pay me any funds (I am a user of the site like you are I do not work for justanswer) in your case I dont see why the rating cant be applied by you?I have covered all the bases on this question ,the only thing that will let me down now is if a DVD or similar input does not work in that case we move on Thank YouAnthony