Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Power light comes on, no picture, no sound. Power button will

Customer Question

power light comes on, no picture, no sound. Power button will not turn off, remote will not turn power off, nothing happens. tried turning off and on for about 45 minutes, nothing happens but power light turning on, but has to be unplugged to turn off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: turning off only works when tv is unplugged. when plugged back in, light comes on and then goes off, pushing power button makes light come back on, but screen is blank
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, What is the model number off of the back of the TV please?