Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a 60 Elite 8years old or so. does it have internal speakers? JA:

Customer Question

I have a 60 Elite 8years old or so. does it have internal speakers?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My tv has speaker fabric on the bottom. Are the speakers there. Seams before if moved they worked with external speakers as well
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no I just don't know how to turn them on again
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Offhand there are several Pioneer 60" Elite TV's from this era- some with speakers some without. Can you please postback with the full model number off of the back of the TV?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** look now.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
May not have gotten all the numbers
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
It's PDP-6020FD which is a valid model. I'm just waiting for the documentation to download. Will post back soon.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Okay the TV does not have any built in speakers. The speakers are side-mounted accessory components that bolt onto the back of the TV. Additionally there are red and black spring-loaded speaker terminals on the back of the TV. If you do not see side speakers, with wires connected to those terminals on the back of the set- then you do not have the auxiliary speakers that come with this set. Alternatively, ANY set of small 8 om bookshelf speakers will work connected to those terminal on the back of the TV. I can pull up several options for economical speakers to connect to it if you'd like?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I have it on external. I was just wondering if it had internal
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Ah, okay I understand. No, some models around this time did have them- but this one was geared as a standalone monitor so did not have any speakers. You're welcome. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?