Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Pearl. I just replaced the lamo in my Sony Kds R60xbr1 and

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I just replaced the lamo in my Sony Kds R60xbr1 and it says i need to reset the timer to get the picture back on.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I cant get the picture on . It says the timer needs to be reset and i dont have the manual.. the standby light keeps blinking
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Can you please elaborate? On your TV screen you're seeing a message telling you to reset the Lamp timer? Also that blinking light- is it Red? If so, how many groups of blinks are you getting (for example: 3 blinks, 3 blinks, 3 blinks, etc.)?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
If your light is blinking 3 times, 3 times, 3 times, etc. this means that your Lamp is not installed securely OR that the Lamp door is not closed. Let me know if that is what is happening please.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Do you need assistance with this question?