Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have an element TV model number ELCFW329 without the remote

Customer Question

I have an element TV model number ELCFW329 without the remote and I'm unable to change the input to hdmi 1
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can access the input menu and use the channel buttons to scroll across the various inputs but cannot select any of them
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not to my knowledge
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Offhand the manual does not elaborate on how to select the Input source. Have you tried pressing "Source" once more when you have the Input you want to select Highlighted?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes I have every time it returns to AV input
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Okay, that was all I had to offer. I'll open the question back up for other experts to assist.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The only device that is being used is a laptop wich I'm trying to get connected
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
OK, I would suggest to connect a different video source such as DVD/Bluray player in HDMI input of TV with the same HDMI cable being used for laptop connection, this way we will confirm if the TV works fine with DVD player?