Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Hitachi model L40C250 S/N HDIJ005721 I have HD Cable

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi model L40C250 S/N HDIJ005721 I have HD Cable and it is connected to the HDMI port from TV and to the comcast cable box which is HD I am receiving channels on the HD range 800-900 but the quality is not any better (perhaps worse) than the standard channels. I have reported this to comcast they state it is probably the TV. This is a digital TV is there a special setting
cecil
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Offhand, no there are no settings that need to e change din the TV to receive HD picture quality. This is either caused by the box itself needing to be rebooted, or the HDMI cable needing to be swapped out. First check the display on the front of the cable box- most boxes state the resolution being sent to the TV. In many cases the processor in the box glitches and you can see 480I or P even on the HD channels. Try a full reboot of the box by disconnecting it from power then disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends making sure it's secure. Plug the box back in and wait for it to reboot (usually takes a few minutes). Once it's rebooted, please check the display on the box and see what definition it's showing. Also, if this does not work, then please tell me the following: 1) How long has the box been connected to this TV and has it ever displayed in HD? 2) Do you have another source such as a Blu Ray player you can check on the TV using HDMI simply to TEST if the TV is producing an HD signal from that device? Let me know and we can proceed. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.