Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

How can I get the opc lights to shut off JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

How can I get the opc lights to shut off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: TV doesn't turn on cause of opc lights keep flashing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. When the tv won't turn on and the OPC light is flashing, it means the tv has detected an internal circuit failure that will require diagnosis, parts, and service. You can try unplugging the tv power cord for 3 minutes but that likely won't help. The tv needs repair. Depending on the size of the screen, it may not be worth repairing because repair shop fees can be $250-$350 when all is said and done. The only exception would be if you actually have electronics experience and want to attempt a DIY repair, then repairing the tv might be worth it. Reply back here if you want more info on that. I'm sorry for the bad news. Before we go furher please take a moment to submit a 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Then I will be happy to help your further, at no additional cost.Thank you,Mike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?