Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a sharp-lc-42sv50u à thé poser JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

I have a sharp-lc-42sv50u à thé poser
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: M'y tv Lc-42-sv50u the power does not turn on.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: No,from the remote or the button on the tv, the tv does not turn on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please tell me if there are any signs of life on the TV at all (power light lit or blinking, etc.)? Also how long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The green light comes on no blinking, but no picture and it does not go out either if I try to close it.It's been happening for about 3months, the tv is 3years old. If I want it to start,I often unplugged it and replugged it, sometimes it takes lire 15 times before it works.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. Offhand this is either an issue with the mainboard or the power board. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Are you still having the same problem?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It Light turn on but that's it,and it does not turn off.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. This does indicate the TV has a mainboard failure and that would require repairs I'm afraid. The average cost for this repair at a shop is in the $275 range for this set, and a shop can be located at the link below: The other two options would be to consider a DIY repair (let me know in this case and I will search for the part). Or given the high cost of repairs, it might make sense to replace the set veryss repairing it. A brand new 42" LED set can be purchased for about the same cost as repairing this one. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.