Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

A friend of mine just gave me a Sony KDF-E50A10. I turned it

Customer Question

A friend of mine just gave me a Sony KDF-E50A10. I turned it on this morning and it stayed on for a couple of hours, but then shut down, and the power/standby light was flashing red, code 7. I shut it down, pulled the bulb, and put it back in. When i plugged the TV back in, and hit the power button, it gave me 7 green flashes, and then went to 3 red flashes. Not sure if it is worth messing with.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: not off hand
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.
HelloWelcome The 3 blinks are either the lamp is not inserted properly OR the lamp cover is not fully closed, this will take ou back to your original issue which you said was 7 blinking red, I would like you to get back to that and let me know that you are sure it is 7 blinking lights so please re-insert the lamp close the lamp door Anthony
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I took the door back off, and reinstalled it again 3 times, making sure it was all the way in, and secure. It's still doing the same thing. 3 red
How about the lamp?that has to come out and be re-inserted too anything upto 10 times I am afraid its because the switches have gone brittle you removing the lamp has just caused more problems i am afraid
Note the door has to go back on too every time
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah, I removed it and put it back in to make sure it was in right as well.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Previous expert has opted out. The 3 blink code directly monitors the lamp switch or the lamp cover switch- meaning your set will ONLY blink 3 times when the switches are not engaged or are broken. That being said, where did you purchase this lamp from please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It came to me with TV, however it is dim, so I ordered another one.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
All I can do is repeat here. 3 blinks means you lamp is not inserted correctly, wrong lamp or lamp cover is not secured. If you are saying the lamp is secure, door is closed, etc. then you need to buy another lamp because the only other thing this can be caused by is a broken lamp switch inside the TV. Let me know.