Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a vizio smart tv and am trying to hook it up to a direct

Customer Question

I have a vizio smart tv and am trying to hook it up to a direct tv box that is old and with the cable attached i get the no signal messaged
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: there is just no signal and when i click on the input options there is no option that works, just "no signal"
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so, it works with my older samsung tv
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.
HelloWelcome Can you tell me exactly what cable you are using from the box to the TV?if you do not know just look on the back of the box and let me know what output it is (labelled on the box near the lead) then get me the model number please of the box itself , that will be on the front or back of the box Anthony