Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I'm trying to change my channel to 3 to get cable, and I clicked

Customer Question

I'm trying to change my channel to 3 to get cable, and I clicked on auto tune by mistake and now it's stuck on one channel I can't move it. I don't have a remote.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: the tv is a Zenith model
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- Does cable box has yellow, red and white RCA video/audio out jacks on rear side?Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Z50PT320-UC - yes cable box has yellow, red and white RCA video/audio jacks on rear side
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just tried to change the channel, it's telling me that the channel map is empty do I want to auto tune the channels.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the info. You can connect cable box directly into AV input of TV which is an easy connection setup and will provide better picture result.Get an AV cable (audio video cable) that has three color coded pins, plug the yellow pin into Video Out jack of cable box and hook it into yellow jack of AV IN 1 at rear of TV, connect red-white pins of cable into red-white jacks of cable box and hook them into red-white jacks next to yellow jack of AV IN 1 input of TV. press Input button on TV and select AV IN 1 input to get cable box channel picture on TV, this way you wont need to run channel scan to set the TV on channel 3 or 4.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'll try your suggestion a little later and will let you know. Thank You
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
No problem, please take your time and reply back with the result.Thanks.