Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a blank screen on my Vizio XVT3D474SV model tv. Everything

Customer Question

I have a blank screen on my Vizio XVT3D474SV model tv. Everything else works, sound, remote guide will change channels etc, and backlights, looking through the vents in the back of the tv. But, no picture.. The tv is 5 years old, used a lot.. what do you think might be the issue?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I need some clarification. What do you mean "remote guide will change channels"? Do you mean you can see the guide on the screen? Also if you shut the TV off and turn it back on does the Vizio welcome screen show?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can you see this message?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Yes I can, this is the first reply shown by you on the page. Did you try to send others?
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.