Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

Sharp aquos stuck on red sharp logo wont go away

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** problem you are having with your Sharp TV is a very common software lock up issue, in some cases it can be fixed by simply updating the software, if this fails then it would need the main board replaced. I can explain the procedure for trying to update the software if you want to try it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Steven replied 7 months ago.
Okay I will need the complete model number of the TV including any letters to far right of the model number like a A or B or UB?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Lc-70Le650u
Expert:  Steven replied 7 months ago.
Okay give me a moment to see if I can find a consumer download for you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Steven replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately the site looks like it is being updated and is not available for downloads, I would suggest you contact Sharp directly and have them send a firmware update to you, they might even be able to email it as an attachment, once received if it is in a zip file you will have to unzip it to the root of a USB stick then simply unplug the TV power cord, insert the USB stick into the USB port of the TV and plug the TV power back in, if it doesn't come right back on press the power button, the white LED light on the bottom of the TV should begin to blink slowly, you may or may not see anything on the screen just let it go for at least 10 minutes if it works then the TV will shut off and power back up on its own. If it does not work the the Sharp log will just pop back up and you would have to have the main board replaced, reply back to me once you have spoke with sharp and let me know if you have the software or if they are going to send it to you.
Expert:  Steven replied 7 months ago.
Here is their number Call 1-***-***-**** (1-800-BE-SHARP)
Expert:  Steven replied 7 months ago.
Please keep me posted and I will walk you through the update once you have the software. We can set a time and I will be available to help you.