Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

Our Vizio Smart TV is apparently the problem. We have

Customer Question

Our Vizio Smart TV is apparently the problem. We have checked with Direct TV, Netflix, and Windstream, and it seems it's the TV that is dropping the signal when we are on Netflix. The wireless router is putting out a great signal, and Direct TV is not in any way connected with Netflix. So, I tried calling Vizio today (Sat.) and said Monday they would be back.
Is there anything, in the meantime, that I may do to help get our netflix to work properly? What happens is that the Netflix comes on and then the signal gets dropped and then you see 'rebuffing', and it will come on in 10 minutes or so, only to do it again in another 10 minutes.
HELP! I've been working through this for weeks, and I believe we have finally gotten down to where we KNOW that it is the TV. It's been a very long, agonizing road!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Do the other internet application work fine in TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we do not have other internet applications excpt Netflix
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We do not have any other applications...only Netflix
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
This is smart TV and would have few other apps, press V button on TV remote to try other apps and rpely back with the result.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not sure what you mean...other apps like ???
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Other apps like Youtube, Vudu etc
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do we need some kind of connection kit to get the apps???
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
No, same wifi connection will work for all applications in this TV.Also, can you connect Ethernet cable between TV and Modem/ Router as TV has LAN port for hard wire connection, run network setup for wired connection to see if it helps to get smooth Netflix streaming on TV?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Phone call assistance would cost you additional $26 and we can still work in this text format if you prefer it to troubleshoot the issue.- Have you tried to unplug TV power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have tried everything for weeks!!! No, I do not want to pay $26 for a phone call...have already paid $38 from my paypal acc't and that's even more than I feel I'm getting in answers so far. I'm wondering, Shahid, if you can just give me a number to a Vizio TV technician that comes to the home to service the TV. We are in Young Harris, Ga. Does any service like that exist? We are senior citizens, and the technology is just driving us bonkers!!!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
I'm really sorry about it Linda, since I'm not there to put my hands on TV so have to ask questions to troubleshoot the issue.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
I can provide you list of TV repair shops in area and you would need to call them to set TV tech home visit that will help to resolve the problem bit quickly, please click following link and put your zip code to get list of TV repair shops in area with phone number to call them.. trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well, I am still totally frustrated about this, but feel a TV guy at our home may solve this for us. Not sure I feel I got my $38 worth...sorry. If unsuccussful, do I get reimbursed?
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Sure, contact customer service at given link/ number for any billing issue and do not rate the answer, leave it as it is. Call USA:(###) ###-####nited Kingdom - 0***-***-**** Ireland - 1800-760-906Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your time and trouble
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Linda If you'd still like some help with this, I believe I can provide some additional insight without you having to bring a tech out on site (which would honestly cost you more than the tv is worth).If you wish to try a few things with me, just reply back here. Otherwise, disregard and follow the cancel/refund info given earlier by Shahid.