Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Westinghouse flat screen tv stop working, It wont turn

Customer Question

my Westinghouse flat screen tv stop working, It wont turn on. I cant get a blue light or anything. Its dead. Its only 4 years old. Can you help me get it to work please? It was fine yes yesterday.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: model number vr- 4090
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply please.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is that a total of 26 dollars, with no extra cost?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
any additional charges besides the 26. Please answer
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
I have nothing to do with billing or charges and am not asking you for any money. Are you referring to the phone call thing the site automatically sends you? If so, that has nothing to do with me.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
I'm an independent tech here that works with electronics problems. I'm not a site employee. You would direct billing issues from the home page to customer service. That being said let me know where you're at with your TV. Is it still not working?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
forget it. Im not paying 28 and then 26. Can you please help me fix my westinghouse tv. It is dead, does not turn on or do anything. I unplugged it several times and still nothing. I will again disconnect the tv and try that. Please wait
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
I have nothing to do with billing, as I just stated. I can hep you with your TV. If there's no power light after the steps are completed then you need to replace the power supply board. I can find you that part for around $24 if you're looking to repair the set yourself, but beyond that, there is no pushbutton fix for the problems you're having with the set beyond that reset above. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
still not working at all. It was fine yesterday. No blue lite or any light. Cable box is working but tv is not
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
I understand and sorry to hear that. I can find you that part for around $24 if you're looking to repair the set yourself, but beyond that, there is no pushbutton fix for the problems you're having with the set beyond that reset above. If you're satisfied with me sending you a link to the part, then let me know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you have told me NOTHING! What part? Whats wrong with it? You have explained nothing! I am not paying and I am going to do a charge back on my credit card!