Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an older plasma pioneer tv. It has slide In component

Customer Question

I have an older plasma pioneer tv. It has slide In component trays in the bottom that has all the different connections in them. Currently all of the connections are composite or serial ports. Is there a tray I can replace one of these to get a coax or HDMI connector to plug into. the model number is *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having issues. Offhand the bad news answer is NO. The TV does not have the resolution or software required to produce 1080P HDMI signals, and it does not include a built in Tuner, or any Tuner processing in order to be able to tune channels from a direct coaxial input. There is no software available to update the TV as Pioneer has not built these sets or supported them with any updates in over 7 years. It was designed exclusively to be an industrial monitor with VGA 15 pin HD capability. That said, there are adapters and converters that will work with this TV's analog HD processing. What device/source is it you're trying to connect to the Pioneer please?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
The set also uses "DVI-D"- which is directly compatible with most HDMI signals, with the exception that the TV will not produce audio from the HDMI signal. In order to do audio, either an HDM audio extractor box (which takes the audio portion of the HDMI signal and converts it to RCA stereo- which you then feed into the TV) is needed. An HDMI to DVI-D cable can be purchased below: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=115-003V-00018&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-OS+-+Correction+Fluids+%26+Erasers-_-115-003V-00018&gclid=CjwKEAjwpLa5BRCTwcXS6_rpvC4SJACTDQMMGfCNm-wFc2_BzplJHVLoMnV35J_msaeMWlcYiR3QlhoChzLw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
If you would like the set to do audio also, then you would need one of the following: 1) Separate RCA red and white jacks on the "Source" you're connecting (cable/SAT box, etc.). Or: 2) An HDMI audio extractor. To connect the extractor you need to run an HDMI cable from the "Source" to the extractor. Then connect the HDMI to DVI-D cable from extractor to Pioneer. Additionally take a set of RCA stereo cables and run them from the extractor to the DVI audio inputs. That piece is below: http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-hdmi-audio-extractor-with-toslink-and-lr-audio--180-995
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.