Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My samsung plasma tv wont turn n n have no red standby light

Customer Question

my samsung plasma tv wont turn n n have no red standby light at all
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i use it in the morning turn it off come back late turn it on it not working dont know what is going on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi Michael and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, is the Samsung PS63A750 completely/electrically dead?Let's try the basics (if have not been done); have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time?And then try plugging back in using another outlet?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes i did
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i also have the tv face down n take the back cover off as well all the at look ok to me
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
I understand.Please post back with a clear picture of the insides of the Samsung. Of particular interest would be the board where the AC power cord is connected to. Click HERE.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
have u got the pic
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi is there other we can do this faster at all
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately, no picture was posted.Please try again.I can only reply soon as you post here an update/response.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i can't find the two tab the promt talking about only add file
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
any way i send u something
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Appreciate the picture.And yes, this is the power supply board. Please check its number and post back. It would be something like a BN-44-0274B.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok i got here it is
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Sorry Michael but that appears to be a serial number.Please click HERE for a sample power supply. Note that on the upper portion, this board has a stenciled number of BN44-00206A
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
bn 61-03919a
#1 dc22
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
For some reason, P/N BN61-03919A is reported back as a bracket/stand for the TV. Please re-try locating the P/N for this board. Still, it would appear that there are two (2) fuses on the bottom right of the power supply board.Have you checked these with a multi-meter for continuity?Might it be possible for a clearer picture? There are components that needs to be checked other than these fuses that can cause a completely/electrically dead unit.Thanks.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
There also appears three (3) other fuses between the upper mid 2 heatsinks. Have you checked these as well?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes i have check them n they r no good i just check them now so thank louie fo ur help much appreciate
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Michael,I also re-checked the serial number and it would seem that the Part N umber of this power supply is BN96-03736A. This is commonly used in some other models similar to the item shown HERE.