Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Vizio tv - bought new about two and a half years ago....model

Customer Question

I have a Vizio tv - bought new about two and a half years ago....model no E470i-A0 and I cannot get the tv to turn on at all. All components that are plugged in with the tv have power.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does the power indicator light turn On when plug TV power cord in power outlet or press power button on TV or its remote?Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. Everything seems to be plugged in. Remote won't turn it on either.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, please tell me the power indicator light status, does it lit/ blink or stays Off?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Stays off
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, was there any thunder storm/ lightning in area that might caused the issue in TV?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK Lynne, there are two circuit boards suspected in TV, either power supply board where TV power cord plugs in or main board where all video inputs are located.I would recommend to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and turn it On, this way we will clear any bug in TV firmware (internal software) to see if it helps.If it doesn't fix the issue that means it is hardware related failure and it needs further troubleshooting with multimeter/ voltmeter to check 5V DC at pin-1 of CN201 of power supply board, if volts are available then check PS ON?OFF volts at pin-8 of same connector while press power button on TV, if you get no change in volts at pin-8 then need to replace main board in TV. If no 5V available at power supply board then need to replace power supply board in TV to resolve the problem. Please check following board supplier link to get required replacement board if you have plan to replace it yourself in TV..http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=E470i-A0If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hi there, I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!Please reply back here if there is additional questions.Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had to call a tv repairmen To come out sometime next week.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, no problem Lynne, I gave you all the info about troubleshooting and possible culprit boards in TV and hopefully it will help you to talk with TV repairman to get repair estimate. If you think these info are helpful then please go ahead and rate my answer with 3 or more stars so I can get credit on website for my work.Thank you.