Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Have and lg 50pk750. Screen will illuminate black, but that's

Customer Question

Have and lg 50pk750. Screen will illuminate black, but that's it. When plugged in the red activity light is on (typically it should not be). Turn the power button on and screen has power but no picture. Hit the power button to turn off and i hear the relay kick and the screen turns off but that red indicator light stays on. Have to unplug to get it to turn of and even then it stays on for a while.
Took off the back of the tv. No obvisous bad caps
Category: TV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
See attached picture
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
See attached picture. Huming sound coming from left side near cpu's when turned on. Unplugged that sustain and turned back on. No huming sounds but eveything else the same
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the power stays On, on the TV, and the other symptoms, and if you never get sound or the ability to try to tune in a channel, then the TV's power supply has probably shut down in order to prevent a short circuit from burning out some part of the TV, that the short circuit is in (not to mention burning out the power supply also.) This TV will need some repair - at the least, the part that is inhibiting it from tuning, and from having a picture, and from having sound (I presume, though you have not mentioned that - if the TV can tune, and produce sound, then that's different and please let me know so that I may advise you in that case.) Do you wish to repair it yourself? if so, a service manual would help you use a voltmeter, make tests, determine the right part # (and save you considerable $$ in parts-that-don't-fix-the-problem), etc. If you would be interested in a service manual, please let me know - it might be available for free, it might be not available, and it might be for-sale for about $20 or less. (Note: I don't see any attached picture. These pictures can help, so please try posting it again. Thanks.)