Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I purchased a used 60 inch Hitachi Ultravision Digital TV.

Customer Question

I purchased a used 60 inch Hitachi Ultravision Digital TV. The TV works but the picture was clouded. They said it just needed to be cleaned. The model number is *****
I paided for it to be cleaned and bring this h3 discovered 5he lens infront of the lamp has a frosted appearance over it. I'm trying to find out if the lens can be bought, by Hitachi or any other brand name. What about someone selling used parts for replacement.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Your TV is a rear projection (not a plasma), and is more complicated than a simple lens causing the clouded picture. In fact I would be very surprised if that were the actual cause. First, I need to know, are the three colors that make up the picture aligned (meaning the red, blue and green)? Secondly is there any chance you can attach a picture of the screen (using the paperclip icon to upload the picture from a PC)?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When we put the lamp back in it wouldn't light up. I have ordered a new lamp and was gonna just watch the TV the way it was while searching for a lens. I can't send you a picture till the part arrives. SORRY
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Okay, no problem.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you.