Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Panasonic PT-60LCX64 tv. when you turn on the tv either with

Customer Question

Panasonic PT-60LCX64 tv. when you turn on the tv either with the remote on on the tv the green light comes on but no sound or picture. When you press the tv/video button and go through the aux choices and back to the tv option the tv picture and sound come on but then you cannot change channels. What is the problem and how can it be fixed.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Press menu button on TV or its remote when turn On the TV first time, does menu screen come up?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No no matter what button is pushed on remote or tv the only thing that works in the power button on and off. The tv is connected to satellite cable direct tv and a dvd player.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the info, any thing you have already tried out so far to fix the issue?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tried unplugging and re-plugging in the tv, still same problem. It is not a bulb problem as we replaced the bulb in November.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, when you press TV/Video button, does TV display list of other input choices?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes, video 1, video 2, video 3, comp 1, comp 2, comp 3, RGB1, RGB2, HDM1, after this the tv picture and sound come on
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
This is odd, TV doesn't show menu screen but display video input list.- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is no cable box. We are part of a group of units there is a main control box on the third floor of the building for all the tv's in the complex. everyone else's tv is working fine.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will unplug the tv now and re-plug in ten minutes. I'll reply back with the results.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
This is new info. Please turn On the TV and leave it for a while, do not press TV/Video button, does TV switch Off itself after some time or what happens?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already unplugged the tv I will turn back on in ten minutes. We have just returned to this residence after being away since the end of November. Before we left I think we were having a problem with the tv turning off by itself.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, replug TV back in after 10 minutes, turn it On and leave it as it is to see if it stays or shuts Off itself after some time.If it goes Off then you would see flashing indicator light on TV front and we will discuss it later.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK I will have to go through the tv/video button process just to get the picture and sound again. I will let you know.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
You shouldn't press TV/Video button to get picture on TV. Simply turn On the TV and leave it as it is to see what happens after some time.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I turned it off and on again since I had already done the tv/video thing. I left it on the green light was flashing quickly I came back and saw your response typed ok. I just went back into the living room and the tv is now on a channel but you cannot change channels still. I can control volume but not channels
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Do you use TV remote to change the channels?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes, and also tried on tv itself
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Since volume buttons are working that means TV isn't stuck and channel buttons should work. Try to press bit harder the channels buttons on TV or remote to see if they work?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
same, not working. also when you try to enter the channel number with the keypad that will not work either. Yes, remote has good batteries. I can not get the menu up to work either.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
I'm afraid I'm out of ideas so let me repost this question for other experts to have a look, hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further.Please do not rate my answer as it will hinder the question repost. I'm opting out now.Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for trying.....