Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a sony bravia tv, Model KDL-42V4100, Serial #(###) ###-####

Customer Question

I have a sony bravia tv, Model KDL-42V4100, Serial #(###) ###-#### ***** 2/2009.
My husband is ill and not to careful with remote. He was using remote from cable and tv
went to nothing.
CAlled cable and we unplugged box and rebooted. Cable checked all their options and
they said not on their end, we would have to contact you.
On the bottom right of tv when looking at it there is a yellow blinking light that says
pic off/timer and next to it a constant red light that says standby. I don't remember the
lights being on before.
I need to know how to get these lights off and tv back to working.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Unfortunately the the blinking red standby light is an error code used by Sony to determine a hardware fault in the TV, and is not something caused by the remote (even though the remote may have seemed to be the catalyst- it does not cause the TV to fail). In order to determine what the issue is- please count the groups of blinks between pauses (for example: 6 blinks, 6 blinks, 6 blinks) of the red light and let me know what you have.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.