Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an lg 55lw5300 tv that will not turn on JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

I have an lg 55lw5300 tv that will not turn on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the power button glows red and when you press it it flashes red, then turns blue and goes back to red
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have already replaced the power supply board with a new one from sears
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. How old is the set please, and when did the problem occur? Was it ever hard to start or shut off in the past? Were there any storms, power outages, etc.?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Let me know when you can see my reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
manufactured sept 2011. no power outages or storms as far as I know
it happened a couple of weeks ago
I have replaced the power supply board and its still the same
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. Were the symptoms exactly the same both before and after you replaced the power board? Also, does your screen light at all- even for a second when the power button is pressed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its never had a problem turning on or off before
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Did you need help with something here tonight? I'm getting ready to sign off.