Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

When Tv is turned on, it turns clicks on and off several times.

Customer Question

When Tv is turned on, it turns clicks on and off several times. After trying to turn it on after several minutes it will turn on. What can be done to correct this.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...How long have you had the Tv?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
8 years
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.
Please try this:-disconnect all audio/video wires from the tv.-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.-plug in only the tv power cord and try to turn on.If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. A shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then another $175 in parts and labor. So the total can be $300 (or more).I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will have to remove tv from wall mount. Don't have anyone here right now to help do this. I will try later when I have help. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.
you're welcome. please show your appreciation by clicking the 3 to 5 stars rating at the top of the page. Doing so does not prevent future replies.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?