Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have power all the way to the board but the TV won't turn

Customer Question

I have power all the way to the board but the TV won't turn on and the fuse appears to be good.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Which board are you referring to?
Is there a solid or flashing light on front? Does it try to turn on but then shuts back off?

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No lights are on at all. When I take the back off of the tv there is a board that the power goes into. There is power all the way to that board and there is a small buzz fuse there that appears to be in tact but the tv will not turn on.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Fuses on these tvs rarely fail. If you are not getting even the standby light on, then you have a bad power board at a minimum, and that board would need to be replaced.

You can pick one up here: http://bit.ly/1s3lxL1

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I take the fuse out I have juice to the contacts... If I put the fuse in it looses the power but the fuse has the filament in tact.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

The fuse may be bad internally where you can't see it, meaning the filament may be broken inside the end cap. Did you test the fuse for continuity?
If you bypass the fuse and jumper both sides of the fuse holder contacts, does it power on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it didn't and I did try replacing the fuse.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for confirming.
That still points to the power board as the first failure point, proceed with replacing it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I replaced the power board and still nothing. No standby light and wont turn on with the button or the remote.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for trying. Unfortunately, that is not the result we would expect - having no standby virtually always means the power board. It is possible this is from a bad main board, or that both were damaged together. So the next step would be the main board: http://bit.ly/1TdmMxy

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I replaced both board and now it powers up but then just a faint blue screen. no menu, sound or any other functions. I switched emails so please respond to***@******.*** thank you!
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Where did you get those boards at?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Shop Jimmy.com
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Thanks tom, sorry your last message didn't show up in my feed so I didn't see it until now.

If it is powering up, you're on the right track, but it sounds like you may have not got the proper match for the main, did you confirm it against your existing part number first?