Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We continuously have interruptions while watching movies on

Customer Question

We continuously have interruptions while watching movies on Netflex, Vudu, etc. This only happens on our 55" model E550i-A0. We have a 32" Vizio model D32h-D1 and a 32" Smart Samsung neither of which have this problem. Need Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Hello, When you say you checked the Modem strength- do you mean you ran a connection test on the TV itself?
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Also how old is the Vizio and when did the issue first occur?
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Let me know when you can see my reply.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
TV was purchase in January of 2014.
Explain "a connection test" on the TV
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Well you mentioned something about your router having full bars- please explain what you mean there and we can continue.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Are you saying you checked the strength near the TV using some other device and the strength shows strong- yes?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When checking through the TV menu for the modem strength it show all five bars - looks like a bar graph.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
That's what I had asked initially- thank you.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Try resetting the TV to factory defaults and then setting up the network connection to the TV again and let me know what happens: To restore the TV to its factory default settings:1. Press the MENU button on the remote. The on-screen menu isdisplayed.2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight Systemand press OK. The SYSTEM menu is displayed.3. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK. The RESET & ADMINmenu is displayed.4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.5. If you have changed the default parental control passcode,enter it now.The TV displays, “Select Reset to restore all TV settings tofactory defaults and clear all account information.”6. Highlight Reset and press OK.7. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortlyafterward and the Setup App will begin.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'll have to go to another room to do this...Can you hold?
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Yes I'm here.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
I don't receive credit for my work until you rate me so I am not going anywhere ;-)
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Well Aric, I used the menu and there is no system icon. I looked at settings and input and found nothing showing a reset icon.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
I pulled those instructions right out of your manual. Click below and scroll to page 48. I don't have your TV in front of me so can only go by what Vizio says to do? https://www.encompassparts.com/shop/model_research_docs/?file=/VIZ/om/E550IA0.pdf
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Are you having any luck?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I went to HELP on the menu and found a RESET TV SETTINGS - there was a warning stating are you sure you want to reset default settings?
This will delete any custom settings! What do I do...???
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Yes that is what you do. It's the reset to factory settings- then you set up the TV as if it were out of the box.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I ain't that technical...what do you mean set up the TV as if it were out of the box...
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Meaning like when you brought it home and opened the package. If you can't follow the steps then I cannot help you. I am not paid until you're satisfied so I will opt out of the question. Someone else should be along.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Duh..."the BOX" ....as the container it was shipped in - right....?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Are we through? Is any one there?
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Well the ball is on your court right now, you need to reset the TV to defaults and then run through the setup. I also posted your manual for the TV which will help guide you through setup. So again- you must run through all of those things, that s not something I can do from this end, and then reply back with your results.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.