Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a new Samsung HD tv - A Comcast HD cable Box and an

Customer Question

I have a new Samsung HD tv - A Comcast HD cable Box and an analog VCR/DVD
I have the tv working fine but need help hooking up the VCR/DVD I can supply Model numbers for each piece of equipment
What would the charge be to have a diagram of the correct hook up
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Can you please postback with the make and model of the DVD/VCR and also the model off the back of the Samsung?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know when you can see my reply.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need assistance with this? I can help you if you can simply reply back.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
A phone call won't help me look up the equipment, and I also do not have service where I am working right now. Please reply back to the info requested above so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Tv is a Samsung UN32EH4000FXZA - The VCR/DVD is a Toshiba SD-VZ9oU - Plus an HD Comcast Cable Box
Please provide Type of cables to use and pictorial diagram
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Pictorial diagram? I don't have access to that and can tell you what cables need to go where, but first- your model number for the Toshiba is not valid. Secondly I need to know the make and model of the Comcast box and whether or not you are looking to try to record onto the Toshiba or just simply view it on the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already sent you the model numbers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me try another tech
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on VCR/DVD player?- Also, is the Comcast cable box working fine with the TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Comcast HD cable box and tv are working fine. I used to have the dvd/VCR working until Comcast changed the cable box. They say it is not there equipment and cannot hook it up. They do have cables running to the DVD/VCR but it does not work.
The Comcast cable box is HD and the TV is a Samsung model UN32eh4000fxza THE vcr/dvd IS a tOSHIDA mODEL sd-vz90u
IT IS ANALOG
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'm having hard time to find Toshiba sd-vz90u DVD/VCR player, can you double check the model number?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I think I got correct Toshiba model number. Do you have AV cable that has yellow-red-white RCA pins at both ends to assist you further?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi, did you get above reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE TOSHIBA IS MODEL # ***** -
This is the way Comcast hooked it up.
From my cable box
Red) Right Audio of VCR/CD
White) Left audio of VCR/CD
Yellow) Video of VCR/CDIn the back of the VCR/DVD
Red) Out (R)Right to TV
White) Out (L) Left to TV
Yellow) Component GBack of TV
Red Audio
White Audio
Y VideoI will be gone for a few hours
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so cable box signals go through VCR to TV and you get cable picture fine but no picture appears when playback VCR tape, is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no audio - video
I switch the to input to tv when trying to play a tape
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You don't need to switch the input in TV, while watching cable box channel on TV put a VCR tape and press Play button on VCR, does it bring VCR playback picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens - I have to leave for a few hours
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, just one more question. Does Comcast cable box has HDMI Out port to connect HDMI cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI Cable goes from Cable box to TV-Cable from Comcast goes to cable Box and from cable box Coax to VCR
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
One thing is confusing, why the analog video cables from cable box go to VCR inputs?Do you want to record the TV shows on VCR?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not realy - I usualy only watch the vcr tape - It would be nice if I could record if I wanted to. Comcast tech won't be able to record because with HD Comcast has scrambled the signal
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is correct, HD TV shows can't be recorded on VCR tape. Please playback a DVD or VCR tape in player, press Source button on Samsung TV remote and select Video/ AV input that whould display VCR/DVD playback picture.Cables from cable box to VCR are useless and wont do any thing because cable box is hooked to TV through HDMI cable to watch high quality digital picture.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned before I tried to switch the TV input to TV and to AV neither works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess you do not have a solution for my problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, let me repost the question so other experts can have a look to assist you further.Do not rate my answer and leave it as it is. I'm opting out now to repost the question.Thanks.