Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I'm stumped, I have tried to hook up 3 different DVD players

Customer Question

I'm stumped, I have tried to hook up 3 different DVD players to my JVC television and I keep getting "Not Support" message. I have tried every input port and sometimes it will work but never plays a DVD for more than 20 minutes.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. So the problem happens only ever on dvd?Are you trying to play 3D blurays by chance?
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your reply, I have been busy with work. I think it might be a HDMI Cord problem. Not sure why it works on my cable box and not on my DVD player but I used a different HDMI cable from my sons's PS4 and it seems to work fine now. Are there different generations of HDMI cables that might not properly interface with a new Blue-Ray/DVD player?
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Yes, there are newer ones, there have been several versions from 1.1 to 2At a minimum you want a 1.4 rated high speed hdmi cable for bluray and 3d purposes, which is what I was getting at when I asked about 3d.I'd recommend purchasing new cords to be sure you have the latest version and full capability, they are quite inexpensive: http://amzn.to/24HcZdV If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan