Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a smart TV, no cable, just Netflix

Customer Question

Hello-
I have a smart TV, no cable, just Netflix subscription. But when I turn TV on, there is a tv snow in black and white and options for netflix, youtube etc... how can i change this black/white snow to some stand still picture or something?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model UN32J5500AFXZA
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are you saying nothing external at all is connected to the TV? Additionally how long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
maybe it is normal, i m technology challenged lol. I only have internet and that's it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when i first bought it, hooked it up, didn't really read through the manual, clicked "smart hub" and saw option for netflix...
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
I'm not sure exactly what you're seeing and can't see the TV from my end. Let me ask you this, if you grab the Samsung remote and press MENU, does the MENU appear clear and normal?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Are you still with me here?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up with a normal screen- also pull up the TV's MENU and see if the MENU displays clearly. Let me know what you find. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.