Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Sony Bravia and the sound has gone and so has the

Customer Question

I have a Sony Bravia and the sound has gone and so has the ability to change channel or switch off. Have changed batteries in remote but to no avail.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The remote buttons are not working the tv is on with no sound, unable to switch over
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: the tv is new
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Are you using some sort of a Cable/SAT box with the TV, or is it a direct aerial from the wall connection (meaning you use the original Sony remote for all of these functions)? Also what is the model number off of the back of the set and the age of the TV please?