Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a sharp CR-10X Notevision projector. It worked OK until

Customer Question

I have a sharp CR-10X Notevision projector. It worked OK until a week ago, the light disappeared. I replaced a new lamp (AN-XR10LP). The fan is running but no light appeared.
Would you be able to advise me what problems I have. I need your guidance to fix this problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does projector stay On or shuts Off after some time?- There are three little indicator lights on projector, Power, Lamp and Temp. What these lights do when turn On the projector?Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Please reply with requested info then phone call assassinate would be helpful.Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, the stanby light is on.
The fan is on, the lamp light is on, when I push the enter button
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. please answer my q on line.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you help me online for the questions that I have?
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the info.- Does projector stay On or shuts Off after some time?We can proceed here (text chat format) to troubleshoot the issue.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you answer my questuions
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
I'll answer your questions but first let me get projector symptoms info from you to troubleshoot the issue.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you just charge me $23 on my credit card and I did not receive your answers at all.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, the projector stayed on and shut off later
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Let me try to explain, you paid deposit to website and I can't charge your CC.I can't see or touch your projector from here so asking questions to get the symptoms of projector which will help to troubleshoot the issue and it will enable me to answer your questions.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the info that projector shuts off later.I have few more questions which are related to projector issue..Was the old lamp broken/ shattered?Where did you buiy the replacement lamp from and how much you paid for it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The old lamp was not shattered and I I bought the new lamp from Amazon and replaced that lamp. It cost about $60
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, please turn On projector and let it shuts Off itself that it does after some time then check the three indicator lights and reply back what light blink or solid in what color?These indicator lights actually tell us about the issue occurred in projector (sort of error code).
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After the projector turned on, the lamp appeared green and then start blinking in green color
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, and when projector shuts Off, please check the lamp light, does it lit solid red?Also does power light lit flashing red?Does the Temp light lit as solid red?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When the projector shut off, the lamp light turned into red
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the info.Red lamp light indicates that lamp is bad, it could happen with new lamp as well so its not a surprise.Do you still have old lamp and can put it projector then turn it On and again check the lights if projector shuts Off.Do you see any change in three lights on projector with old lamp?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will replace the old lamp now and it will take a few minutes
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
No problem, please take your time and I'm standby.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just used my old and started the projector. The lamp light is blinking in green color
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, give it bit more time to see what it does like it stays On with flashing green lamp light or shuts off with red lamp light.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Right now it is blinking in red and the stand by light is blinking in green
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The projector just turned off by itself
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, what about lamp light status now?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All red for both standby and the lamp
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, typing an answer for you, give me 10 minutes please.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for helping me in troubleshooting, as I mentioned red lamp light indicates bad-lamp issue.Old lamp has reached at end of working hours lifespan which is quite normal as this type of lamp has limited hours lifespan and goes out so old lamp is expected to behave like that.New $60 lamp from Amazon is defective as cheap lamps available all over Amazon or ebay are fake and do not work. You would need to buy Sharp original replacement lamp that will work as projector itself is just fine and all it needs good quality lamp. Please check following lamp supplier link where original lamp is available or check with Sharp parts in area(###) ###-#### ***** get better price for replacement lamp..http://www.myprojectorlamps.com/projector-lamps/Sharp/XR-10X-L.htmlI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.