Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Sharp LC52sb57un and I"m trying to replace the main

Customer Question

I have a Sharp LC52sb57un and I"m trying to replace the main board. It is a KE833 FM07s. I found one on ebay but it was taken out of a different model tv but it is the same model main board. Also at the top of the board there is VER with ABCDEFGH next to VER. On my board the C has a mark over it on the one one ebay it has a mark through the B. Is this significant? Will it work?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Im fixing it because it was struck by lightning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The VER marking would be the version or Revision - a level of revision for a board is usually done in letters, or often enough. The difference in Revision levels, from B to C, might be enough to make one of them not work, likely the B revision one, since that's an early revision for sure. Try replacing with one that *does* match the one you have. That makes it less risky... though admittedly the same part is sometimes shared between different models, consider that the difference in revision level may simply be one that signifies, "We made model X first, and put Revision B in it, but then years later, we made model Y, and advances and experience made us use a different revision in it, Revision C." And that advance in revision level could mean years of difference and non-function perhaps in the earlie model X.