Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Im having issues with the hdmi ports on my tvJA: Sometimes

Customer Question

im having issues with the hdmi ports on my tv
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my hdmi ports on my tv just randomly stoped working
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome Can you please get me the model number of the TV please?found on the back of the set? Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
aet32420m avol
Hdmi loss is a very common issue with modern TVs, there is however a procedure to follow and that procedure is this1) Un-plug the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again re-check if HDMI has returned2)Reset the TV to factory default shipping in the settings menu (if there is a facility in the settings some sets have this some do not)3)Go to the website of the manufacturer of the set in your case AVOL and go to support for your model look to see if there is any firmware upgrade and if your firmware is up to date if not upgrade the firmware according to the guide that will be with the firmware at the site (assuming there is a download there may not be)4)If all bases covered above that will mean a main-board replacementYou need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)Let me know if you need more infoPlease consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive my payment from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessaryMany ThanksAnthony
Do you need any more help with this please? Anthony
I would be very happy if you would rate the answer positively please so I receive payment from the site?if you need more help let me know, not rating means I receive nothing thank you Anthony