Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

When I turn on my tv its a black screen.... I can see the channel

Customer Question

When I turn on my tv its a black screen.... I can see the channel numbers when I turn it, but nothing else... Even hen I try to put it on my playstation its not picking up
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Rebecca.If you press the MENU button on the samsung remote, does the settings menu show?What about the INPUT list? Are you able to move through the different inputs? This is where you'd get to the playstation, on hdmi1, hdmi2, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
menu button works and show, but not the different sources
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now the sources is working and switching
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only thing isn't working is my cable
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so do you have a cable box?If so, please unplug power to the box for 60 seconds to reboot it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, just a cable cord that goes into the tv and then into the wall
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that can indicate a signal issue, a programming issue, or a hardware problem in the tv.Unplug power to the tv for 5 minutes.Then turn back on and set the input mode to TV (not hdmi, etc). Go into the menu, under cahnnels, and run the Auto Scan (channel scan) function.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now the input wont wrong
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You can also try the SOURCE button on the side of the tv, if the remote is not responding well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything is working but the channels....Its just black with the channel numbers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I understand, and as I said that can be a hardware problem in the tv, or a programming issue.Please follow the steps described above, and we'll take it from there.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Any change?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this?