Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a 60" sharp smart tv that has a vertical purple line

Customer Question

I have a 60" sharp smart tv that has a vertical purple line going down from top to bottom
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just a purple line going down from top to bottom
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv2. How long have you had the Tv?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
11 months
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
If the line appears ALWAYS, that means all inputs and the tv menu, then the tv needs parts and service. In this case maybe a tcon board or even the entire screen assembly. One quick thing you can try is unplugging the tv power cord for 5 minutes (but I would not put much into that). If you purchased the tv NEW, then it comes with a one year warranty from Sharp. You need to contact them(###) ###-####to arrange for warranty services. I'm very sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Before you go please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?