Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My Panasonic hdtv viva 1080i wont turn on has a red flashing

Customer Question

My Panasonic hdtv viva 1080i wont turn on has a red flashing light on the front
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The Tv wont turn on just has red flashing light
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv2. How long have you had the Tv?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1. TC-P50S1
2. 7 years at least
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.
The red blinking light on the front indicates an internal circuit failure. You can try unplugging the power cord for 5 minutes, but it's not likely to resolve your issue. The back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further (substantial electronics experience needed).If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. A shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then another $200 in parts and labor. So the total can be $325 (or more).I'm very sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.
.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?