Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I have a RCA model LED39845RQ. The stand by light goes out

Customer Question

I have a RCA model LED39845RQ. The stand by light goes out when the tv us powered on but the tv never comes on. What can be causing this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?LED39845RQ seems incorrect number.Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think the model is LED39B45RQ
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for TV model number info, do you have multimeter and can do soldering work if wish to repair the TV yourself OR diagnosis and approx cost on repair info will work?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
OK, TV symptoms indicate memory chip known as EEPROM chip failure, it is located on main board of TV and stores TV firmware (internal software) data which has been corrupted due to EEPROM chip failure and causing the problem.Replacement of EEPROM chip or entire main board will help to resolve the problem. Required EEPROM chip or main board for this TV is available at following supplier... you can expect $200 plus repair cost from local TV repair shop. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote... trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Hi there, I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!Please reply back here if there is additional questions.Thank you.