Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm hoping someone can help me I have an 2007 Sony dlp tv

Customer Question

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me I have an 2007 Sony dlp tv I replaced the bulb and the chip but I still have white dots in a pattern on the screen I really don't want to get a new tv because we love this one the picture and sound are awesome but none seems to know what's wrong
Category: TV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?3- What chip you have replaced in Sony TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry it's not Sony it's Samsung
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
OK, what is the model number of Samsung TV please and also reply with other info-request to troubleshoot the issue.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The model number is ***** I replaced the dlp chip and it's only hooked up to cable box right now it was hooked up to cable and Xbox and yes it does occur on all video input sources
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
OK, where did you get the replacement dlp chip from?Also, TV had white dots all over screen and now with new dlp chip what pattern of white dots you're getting?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We got it from the tv repair shop and when before he replaced the chip it wasn't the whole screen now it the whole screen and the dots are on the front going across the screen from side to side in a pattern they don't stay still either
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
OK, is it possible for you to take a good picture of TV screen then post/ attach it here, in this chat thread so I can view the dots pattern which will help to diagnose the problem bit quickly?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes I took a picture im trying to figure out how to post it
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** dlp chip isn't installed correctly. Can you please recheck/ reinstall it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I will and let you know
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
OK, please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I will I have to let the tv cool down right
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.
Sure, please take your time. No rush.