Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Why wont the Icon-Based GUI display on my sony kdl-65w850c

Customer Question

why wont the Icon-Based GUI display on my sony kdl-65w850c smart tv? it used to and I made one change which I do not know what is was and there is no ARC control for any of the connected Cable Box, Blue Ray Plaver, Pandora. I tried to reset the SC-91 reciever but that still did not allow for the display to show on the tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the icons do not show up on the smart TV, not even when you have used the controls such as the MENU Button that are on the side of the TV (to be tried once in case the remote simply isn't working), then you could reset it to Factory condition with a Factory Reset, perhaps. But that would wipe all your own data etc. off the TV (which I mention in case you have anything you'd like to save, on it.)And tell me more about how the problem came about, and exactly what you try to do, when the icons refuse to appear.