Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

My hotel tv i bought worked fine while no the rmote signal is not being recieve

Customer Question

hi - my hotel tv i bought worked fine for a while no the rmote signal is not being recieved - can i reset?
will i need to order a master remote?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Richard where are you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my tying was bad. The question was how do I reset the remote that came with my phillips tv model # ***** no remote will work on it now (cable, universal or original) I did do the input code when I brought it home (from the sale at the hotel) and it worked fine for a while. now I have to turn it on manually. the sound also has to be done manually and when I push menu button it lists every thing but will not let me select any thing. do you think I will have to buy the master remote to get it unlocked and working? or do you know what I can do to get any of the remotes to work?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question. I think you will indeed need to get a master remote, to have any hope of reset of the TV from what appears to be Hotel Mode or a similar feature-locked mode. I don't know what you did to the other remotes, nor what remotes they are. Remotes are not reset, usually, except by removing their batteries for overnight. Try that, see if they still work with the TV in the morning. If you would rather continue to wait for Richard, let me know, and I will Opt Out in his favor.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where can I buy a master remote
I cannot tell: What model # ***** ***** TV again? please spell it carefully. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
phillips model 26ttf5545 d/27
I cannot find any mention of that model number, I regret to have to say. With apologies, I am Opting Out, opening the case up again to other Experts in this category.(Note: if Expert Richard is about, this case was originally intended for him.)
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeI have the remote for you here which you can purchase, it is the master remote for this TVhttp://www.replacementremotes.com/philips/buy-rc2573gr-rc2573-01-master-483531057554-tv-remote-control.html#t_modelsIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Richard - did you agree with Russell that the master remote is what I need?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
yes, it is the only way to do this, via the master remote, the TV will be in a Hotel Mode, so limited and the master remote is needed to control it