Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

How can I enable the menu button on my 2001 RCA TV with out

Customer Question

How can I enable the menu button on my 2001 RCA TV with out the original remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...- What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv- Why do you want to enable the menu?- How do you currently control the tv volume and power? ___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
J25420
Need to play ps3
TV button
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
So you have connected your ps3 to the tv on one of the AV inputs of the tv (yellow + white/red jacks)?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Look I'm not trying to waste all my questions just to end up paying extra can you just tell me what to do..I have not remote..how do I enable the menu botton
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
This is a back and forth process of elimination. You give me information, I can help you solve your issue... Have you connected your ps3 to the tv on one of the AV inputs of the tv (yellow + white/red jacks)?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did all of the obvious.. Can you tell me what to do now..no more eliminating.. Just tell me plz ..this is my last time asking
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
good luck sir
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again, Different expert here. According to my note, that particular model TV is a "motel" TV, and they are typically programmed to ONLY do certain functions when used in a motel (not including the MENU function). If this TV has been obtained as used and is now in your home, you will want to purchase a "Master Remote" - so that you can get access to the programming features. I have a link to a site where you can order such a remote >> CLICK HERE <<. If on the other hand the TV is still in use at a motel (and you are guest), you can TRY to see your game by tuning to channel 4 on the TV, and selecting VGA as a "source" (input). If that doesn't work, stay on channel 4 and try selecting OTHER sources - one of them SHOULD work for you. I hope this helps. Please let me know your results - when you can. If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)