Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a JVC tv and i'm not sure what happened, but this morning

Customer Question

i have a JVC tv and i'm not sure what happened, but this morning I turned the tv on and am getting an Alert message saying, youtube is supported on hdmi output only. please connect hdmi cable to use it. I was not trying to use it, and the tv is not allowing me to do anything further
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Hello, What is the model number off of the back of the TV please? Also, how long have you owned it for?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i've owned the tv for 2 years now and one sec and I'll get the model number
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Okay thanks- let me know when you have it please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
model no. EM32FL
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
turned off the tv last night and turned it on this morning to watch the game, and had this message
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a couple short years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Mainboard being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and allows you to operate it normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
AGH - do NOT want to hear that I need to replace a part on a fairly new tv. will try hard reset; please stand by.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
I understand, and I'm not wishing this on you- I'm just telling you what it is since we work with so many TV's daily. I am hoping the processor is simply locked up and you do not need to replace a board. I can help you with that though. Let me now what happens.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
did not work
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry to hear that and the symptoms point directly to the Mainboard being locked up. This board contains the processor that controls the internet apps, input selection and video processing. This part is something that you can replace yourself if you want to get the TV working for around $150 less than what a shop would charge you. I can pull up the part if that is something you're looking to do. Let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sounds like not much of a fix - that's it ? that's the only thing it can be. I mean, I tried the power on and off, before I contacted you
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
I will opt out since I am telling you what is wrong, but you're looking for another solution. Good luck.