Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a visio 47 inch that is about 4 years old. Suddenly

Customer Question

i have a visio 47 inch that is about 4 years old. Suddenly the screen went to white noise with a 4 inch vertical band off to the right side.... not quite centered. The audio still works. Any ideas as to the cause of this problem and a likely repair solution?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the complete model of the tv?Does it affect the menu and all inputs?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will have to get the complete model number at a later time, I'm at work now. there is no display other that what I described.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** me know the model when you have a chance and we will go from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK I should be able to dig out of the garage and get the model number on monday. Will continue then. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the 4 inch band I described shows what appears to be what was a popular screen saver a few years back. THE MATRIX. only difference is the lack of color only gray band segments moving from the bottom to the top.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Just bookmark this page to get back to me with the model.Chances are this is an lcd/led tv and a faulty tcon board issue, but knowing the model for sure will help, if it is a plasma that would be a different cause.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hi Robert, Just checking in. Do you still need help with this?